Some people like a tree at Christmas, some people like presents, and some people like turkey. At Love Horror our idea of the perfect Christmas gift is something bloody and horrifying.
Yes, Even at Christmas.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of our Top 10 Christmas horror films.
Top 10 Christmas Horror Films
- Gremlins (1984)
Ghastly green Gremlins run amok in a small town. Only a young boy and his cute fluffy Mogwai and save the day.
- Christmas Evil (1980) A deranged Santa delivers death rather than toys in this classic eighties slasher.
- Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010) An insane experiment in making a real santa gets bloody.
- Jack Frost (1997)
Snowmen may look innocent, but cross one with a serial killer and you get one hell of a messy Christmas.
- Black Christmas (1974) MOre retro thrills when a house full of teenage girls is menaced by a mysterious killer.
- Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
A mentally scarred man turns psycho when he’s forced to wear a Santa suit.
- Santa’s Slay (2005)
It turns out that Santa is a demon who just can’t wait to stop the giving and start the killing.
- Silent Night (2012)
Malcolm McDowell stars in yet another Santa-gone-evil Christmas horror film.
- Saint (2010)
This time Father Christmas is a murderous bishop. A Dutch take on an alternative St Christopher.
- Don’t Open Till Christmas (1984)
If you’re after something old and cheesy, this killer Christmas tale, set in London, may be just right for you .
So there we have it, a list of ho ho horrible Christmas horror films. Now, why not check out our Top 10 Horror Films and our other Top 10 horror lists below?