1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured online on any of Love Horror’s web pages at www.Love Horror.co.uk, and any other competitions organised by Love Horror (or a third party on Love Horror’s behalf).
2. By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned on the Love Horror site, in any electronic messages or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. Love Horror may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
4. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom. There may be minimum age limits, dependent on age restrictions enforced by the British Board of Film Classification for any horror films (DVD or Blu Ray) which may be offered as a prize in any Love Horror competition.
For instance, if a DVD is offered which is marked with a ’15′ classification, all entrants must be at least 15 years old to enter. There is no maximum age limit.
Where a prize involves travel of any description, any winner under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
5. Where the competition information specifies a minimum or maximum age limit Love Horror reserves the right to ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
6. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
7. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, for example photographs and drawings, and Love Horror’s use of such works will not infringe the rights of any third party.
8. Where indicated in the competition information, some competitions are only open to registered users of the LoveHorror.co.uk website. There is no charge for registration.
9. Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received in excess of this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
10. Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Not all of the following methods of entry may be available for entry to each competition. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information.
a. Web entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details. In the event that entrants are required to pay to enter online, entrants will need to use the relevant payment service indicated in the competition information, and may need to open an account and register to pay for online entry to the competition. Online entry costs will be as indicated in the competition information. Entrants must read and accept the terms and conditions relating to the online entry pay service before proceeding with such a web entry.
b. Postal entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, postal entrants may enter the competition by sending a postcard with their answer (if applicable), full name, postal and/or e-mail address and a contact telephone number (or such contact details as are requested in the competition information) to the postal address indicated in the competition information. Where indicated in the competition information, the postal address may include a show number and/or a competition number. If so, postal entrants must include the show and/ or competition number with the postal address on their entry and Love Horror reserves the right to disqualify entries from the competition if the postal address does not include the show and/or competition number. Each postal entry must bear its own stamp but Love Horror makes no additional charge for postal entries. Any postal entry received which does not bear the correct paid postage will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. Entries sent by post must be delivered by the specified closing date (and time if applicable) for entries. Postal entries are deemed to be received upon arrival at the postal address indicated in the competition information. Personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted (unless specified otherwise in the competition information). Love Horror does not accept responsibility for any incorrectly addressed or undelivered entries or for any disruption, delay or misdirection of postal entries.
c. E-mail entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition.
11. Neither Love Horror nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Love Horror or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
12. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. Entrants may enter as many times as they like unless otherwise indicated in the competition information but no more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded.
13. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Love Horror will be void. An entry to the competition will be deemed to be an invalid entry where an entrant has evaded payment of the applicable entry charges when entering the competition or, in the case of postal entry, has failed to pay and affix the correct postal charges.
14. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Love Horror shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Love Horror will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Love Horror decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Love Horror reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition (for example, in exceeding the maximum number of entries).
16. The prize is as specified in the competition information. Where the prize involves the winner travelling, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) may be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas. Where the prize necessitates travel on a specific date, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) must be able to travel on the date specified by Love Horror and no alternative dates will be available. Where the prize involves travel on a date and/or destination to be chosen by the winner, the date and/or destination chosen is subject to availability and Love Horror reserves the right to include a final date by which the prize must be taken. Where the prize involves travel to a destination outside the United Kingdom, Love Horror will use reasonable endeavours to arrange direct flights from an airport conveniently located for the winner but may require the winner to fly from a London airport. The winner is solely responsible for travel to and from the UK airport specified by Love Horror and all insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the prize description in the competition information. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
17. The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries, the draw for the winner will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
18. Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged by Love Horror or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition’s promoters and intermediaries.
19. Love Horror will attempt to notify the winner for up to 28 days after the closing date and time for entries to the competition, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, e-mail, or postal address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Love Horror is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Love Horror reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
20. Love Horror may in its sole discretion refuse to provide a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these terms or an entrant’s breach of these terms, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct including but not limited to the use of technology which enables an entrant to evade charges when entering the competition or the improper use of technology when entering the competition, for example submitting a computer generated drawing where a human drawing is required
21. Love Horror reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
22. Love Horror endeavours to deliver the prize to the winner within twenty eight (28) days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Love Horror reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
Data Protection and Publicity
24. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Love Horror’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Love Horror cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Love Horror is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
25. Love Horror cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Love Horror. Love Horror will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
26. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Love Horror shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Love Horror reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Love Horror including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations.
27. These terms and conditions and the competition information shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.